Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Transplant on Hold?

Today Shawn's doctor told him that he will not be listed Thursday.
It is because we have no place for him to go.
Our home is "sick" as some of you know. I am trying to find an apartment a.s.a.p. but trying to find new construction, no carpets, small dog friendly, in our area, and within our budget is a challenge.
I'm a bit confused and have to speak with the social worker tomorrow.
Suggestions have been pouring in which is a great help and I am going to run every lead into the ground until I find what I need.
I don't know that Shawn has time to fart around postponing transplant.

So here we are.

Today is a better day than yesterday and I'm hopeful for tomorrow.

Tattoo idea: Someone on my CF site said months ago "This too shall pass..." I liked that sentiment so much that I wrote it down on my computer desk with permanent marker. I look at it all the time and it helps to keep me grounded. I mentioned to Shawn that I might like that to be my first tattoo. Today (I think it was the same person) said it again to me. It seals the deal for me. "This too shall pass..." feels like the perfect tattoo for me.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I am so sorry Tina! I hope that you can find a living arrangement very soon and Shawn is listed soon. Do talk to the social worker, hopefully she will be able to help.

Hugs!!

Lisa

Kim said...

I love the saying 'this too shall pass', its one of my favorites! Keep saying it like a mantra, girlfriend, and hang in there. We're all here for you to vent to whenever you need it... just pick up the phone! You are a rock, you are strong and an amazing woman doing all that you are... take care of yourself too, ok? Thinking of you both. <3 Kim