Monday, October 27, 2008

Another day enjoyed

First thing this morning I had an appt w/ my therapist, she's great. I respect and value her opinion. I have been feeling a little off balance, not terribly bad but just labile. I wanted to make sure that it was o.k. that I was o.k. that it was o.k. for me to be having a hard time . I'm good in general, I feel good, positive. But I keep getting the overwhelming feeling of being drunk, like things are not real, or they are in slow motion or something. Just for a few minutes at a time but it's a really strange and unsettling feeling. I just wanted to be sure it was o.k. , I'm not losing my mind or anything. Do people know when they are losing there minds, when they are going crazy. Is it possible to walk on a line and slip into it a bit, but then"snap out of it" or "pull yourself together".

Any hoo, she thinks I'm fine, that it's o.k. for me to be a bit flaky, to have mini-melt downs. She describes a pressure cooker that lets off small bursts of steam , it won't boilover if the heat is turned down.

So I am working on turning down the heat.
I feel so wonderful to be able to have the opportunity to start new.
This new place, Shawn's new lungs soon, the ocean we will have our lives back, but this time we won't have all the baggage we've been dragging around for so long.

A fresh start, our new peaceful life. Thank God

3 comments:

Christy said...

*Yay* Tina. I'm so happy for you guys!!

Kim said...

I'd be a more worried about you if you didn't feel a bit 'off' from time to time!!! Holy crap, girl, when I think of all you are going through it makes my head spin. Glad you got an official opinion, though, i know how reassuring that can be! Hang in there, your ocean view awaits you...
xo, kim

CFsteph said...

Hi Tina,
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Stephanie. I'm 32 and have CF. I live in Maine. I am also friends with Kim. I am going through a lot of the same stuff Shawn is. And like him I have a wonderful spouse that helps me get through every day. I hope all is well!
Stephanie