Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Not #'s we were hoping for

Well I guess we expected a big jump in Shawn's FEV1% because he feels so much better since having his dilatation on Monday.

His FEV1% increased by 5% to a whopping 37% or 1.66L

His FVC did increase another 17% to an all time high of 77% or 4.31L so that was very encouraging.

Shawn is pretty bummed out over it, he was quiet all the way home. Yeah suddenly I missed the smart ass ball buster that he has been over the last few days.

Up and down, up and down, up and down. I could go for a little predictability right now.

I didn't feel like it was the right time to lecture him on using his incentive spirometer but I wanted to.

We got home and he headed off to the gym, I guess that's a good sign right? He keeps trying.
He has to go back next Wed for D&D again. Well slow and steady wins the race.

We actually ran into a guy @ clinic who had a single lung tx about a month before Shawn and he has had so many misc complications in addition to stenosis that I really felt like we couldn't complain at all. Plus he lives like two hours away from the hospital so what a bitch that has got to be.
I can't imagine what we would do if we were so far away. At least I know that if Shawn has to be inpt it's only a 20 min drive for me to see him.

So once again in perspective things are going really well, he is having a very nice recovery and our lives are certainly more stable than they have ever really been.

It will be nice though when those #'s look good.

Oh yeah I've forgiven him for the tires.

No comments: