Sunday, January 25, 2009

Procrastination and anxiety

So of course here I am Sunday morning, when I should be busy posting on my other blog I am here busying myself, checking up on all my friends blogs. Ridiculous.
I woke up in the middle of the night, stomach clenched up, sweaty and feeling as though a hot poker was lodged in my upper lip. Yes, I feel a coldsore coming on...gotta love stress that shows up on your face, disgusting. Chomped down some meds, rubbed on my blister crap, gulped water, crawled back into bed popped a "just relax" under my tongue and drifted off.

Dreamed crazy stuff, I was down in Florida, I couldn't find Shawn. Nobody else was worried, everyone kept telling me to "take it easy". But how could I take it easy, where was Shawn and I was trapped, I had no car, I was far away nobody would help me. Where was Shawn?
I kept threatening that I was going to just start walking but I couldn't really just start walking because everyone knows I can't see at night, I'd get lost, plus I was horrified I would sit down on an alligator thinking it was a log. So nobody thought I'd really start walking, where was Shawn?
Everyone was ignoring the fact that Shawn was missing.....Uh huh I thought...they know where he is, that's why they are not worried. Where is he?

So I woke up this morning and my first thought"Where is Shawn?!" and there he was sleeping peacefully, breathing in and out nice and easy, face pink and chubby, smooth sweet skin, sweet face, messy bedhead nestled into his pillow, beside me.
I leaned over and breathed him in....thank God for the soul who gave his lungs to my Shawn.

Now Shawn and Sara are out walking the mall together. They are so lucky to have each other. She's an incredible kid, a pain in the ass and moody this morning but so full of passion I can't help but smile, she rolls her eyes, reminds me of someone.

Better get to the task at hand. Procrastinate no more woman!

No comments: