Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Getting it together....trying to

Mental health check. Still having a really hard time staying focused at all. Agitation sometimes getting the best of me. I tried a new med, blah. Definitely exacerbated symptoms. Back to the drawing board. I had a very productive and destructive manic phase. Unfortunately even my swings are so sudden and frequent I can't take full advantage of the tiny window of good energy. Grrr.

Life goes on. During my upswing I spent more than I should have and blew our budget for the month. Shawn is none too happy. I even bounced a check!!!! We have so much going on too. Really we've been so active socially I'm feeling a little burnt out. We went out last Fri to a cook out, Saturday our niece slept over, Sunday we had Shawn's brother and his wife over for some nice beach time and Sunday evening we had company again. This weekend Sara has a birthday party from 2-5, then we have a clambake that is running from 5-10, we also have a block party that same night that is running 6-11. Sunday is my Nana's 88th birthday so we'll be going up to NH. Wednesday we are leaving for Buffalo to meet up with our friends who are from Florida but will be in NY for a family wedding. The third week of August I think we are going to Virginia to visit my Dad and do some camping. Crazy busy.

I'm trying to get my seaglass out and about. I keep creating things and my home is being overrun. I'm learning new techniques and really enjoy just working with my hands. The glass is so tactile I love it. I'm very pleased with the feedback I have been getting.

Shawn is doing great, feels good is getting plenty of fresh air and exercise. Sara and I really take advantage of living on a beach. Almost everyday we meander over at some point and take a dip. The two of us in our noodle chairs just floating and chatting. It's the best.






2 comments:

Kim said...

Sorry about your funk, Tina, and that the new med didn't work the way you wanted it to. So much trial and error is frustrating! Despite your challenges you have created some absolutely gorgeous pieces. Have you thought of getting a visitor's table for a week at the M'head or Salem Farmer's markets? Just a thought.... :-)

Tina said...

Thank you Kim. I actually sold three of the eight pieces I posted in the first 24hrs. So I'm feeling encouraged. I have been thinking about the Farmers Market in M'head and went and checked it out this past Saturday (ended up buying a beautiful little blown vase, I had to have it). I cruised the jewelery booths and feel that I would do alright for myself. Plus I realized talking to some of the vendors that they are all just putting themselves out there because they love what they create and want to share it with others. They are not some hoighty toighty group of Ahrteests (thats Artists in my hoighty toighty voice)they were mostly just like you and me. Nothing to be afraid of or threatened by. So rock on my soap making sister!! Thanks for the encouragement once again!