Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy Independence Day !

So I haven't posted in a couple of months. Let's see Shawn only had 4 photophoresis treatments due to a glitch in insurance and at first this was a maddening turn of events but things have turned out quite nicely.
Shawn's FEV1% has continued to improve with only the Azithromycin, he hovered in the 40's for over a year and now BAM, 50 and last checked he was at 55%. He feels great and looks even better.
We just returned from Hawaii. How amazing and grateful I was everyday looking over at him and realizing how lucky I am. How blessed we are. How close I have been to losing him and how happy I am to have him in my life.
He drives me crazy nearly everyday but that's Shawn and I love him.

1 comment:

Katey said...

I have been bad about catching up on reading blogs I follow. Just realized that he is doing the photo treatments. Glad his FEV1 is improving. I started on the Azithromycin as well when they diagnosed me with chronic rejection. I ended up doing 2 rounds (15 months each round) of the photopheresis treatments! Praying that they continue to work and he keeps improving!